Recipe by Bone Man
Comfort food all the way and a pleasant surprise for the family to boot. These pot pies will satisfy a "man-sized" appetite. I was astounded as to how nice they turn out!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can peas
- 1 (15 ounce) cansliced carrots
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup whole milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Boil the chicken breasts in 5-6 cups water for 20-25 minutes then place on a plate to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, use a whisk to blend the creme of mushroom soup (you COULD use creme of celery soup as a substitute), and the chicken broth.
- Drain the carrots and peas, then add them to the soup blend.
- Slice the boiled chicken into 1/2 inch chunks and stir it into the soup-vegetable blend.
- Assemble 5, 5-inch ramekins or similar oven-proof bowls and spray them with PAM.
- Distribute the mix among the 5 bowls evenly. Fill to about 3/4 of an inch from the top edges.
- Melt the butter and pour an equal amount on top of the mix of each filled ramekin. Use all the butter.
- In another mixing bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, white pepper and milk.
- When the flour mix is slightly thicker than pancake batter and smooth (you may have to add an additional 2 or 3 tablespoons of milk), distribute the batter on top of the butter in each of the five bowls. DO NOT stir the butter or the batter into the soup mix!
- Slightly spread the batter across the tops, using a tablespoon to do so. Do not bother to spread the batter from edge to edge.
- Place the ramekins on a cooking tray and bake at 350 degrees F. for 50-60 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve when the tops are golden brown.