Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I have modified this recipe from the original. The original was too dry and cooked too long so watch the cooking time. The manicotti should be tender but not dry.
- 850.48 g spaghetti sauce
- 4.92 ml garlic salt (or more, to taste)
- 680.38 g chicken breast tenders
- 226.79 g manicotti (14)
- 473.18 ml mozzarella cheese
- 14.79 ml parsley or 14.79 ml mixed Italian herbs
- 396.89 g chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread about 1/3 of the sauce in an ungreased 13x9x2 baking dish.
- Sprinkle garlic salt on chicken tenders.
- Insert chicken into uncooked manicotti shells, stuffing from each end to fill, if necessary (a chopstick or wooden skewer may help with this process).
- Place shells on spaghetti sauce in dish. Pour remaining sauce evenly over shells, covering completely. Add chicken broth (1 can).
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake about 1-1/2 hours or until shells are tender. Sprinkle finished dish with parsley or Italian herbs.
These were good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written but my family thought they could have used more seasoning.
This was okay but I think the cooking time is off, maybe cooking for only an hour may be better. Thanks for sharing!