Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Simple chicken dish, tasty and always popular.
- 1 chicken, cut into pieces (or chicken pieces of your choice)
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250 g mushrooms
- 8 small onions
- 1 carton cream
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- Roll chicken pieces in flour seasoned with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Fry in oil until chicken is golden brown.
- Place chicken pieces in large ovenproof dish.
- Arrange mushrooms and onions around chicken.
- Mix together wine, cream and garlic.
- Add mixture to chicken.
- Cover dish and bake a moderate oven for 30 minutes.
- Turn chicken once during cooking.