Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 whole chicken, boiled,cooled & shredded
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (1 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 bag frozen okra
- 4 tablespoons gumbo file
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- salt and pepper
- hot cooked rice
- Saute onion and celery until tender.
- In a Dutch oven or large pot make a roux out of flour and chicken broth.
- Add the tomatoes and tomato sauce along with shredded chicken.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add file gumbo, cayenne and okra.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- serve over hot, cooked rice.