Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Quick and Easy. Leftover turkey could also be used.
- 2 -3 cups chicken, cooked and diced
- 2 packages broccoli stems, cooked & drained or 1 bunch fresh broccoli, cooked al dente (fresh broccoli preferred)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) can French fried onion rings
- Arrange chicken in greased, or spray buttered 13x9 pan.
- Top with hot broccoli; cover with cheese.
- Stir together milk and soup, add more milk if you desire it more saucey.
- Pour over cheese.
- Bake uncovered 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees or until bubbling.
- Sprinkle with onion rings and bake 5 minutes longer.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
DH and I really liked this dish. Would be a snap if you had leftover chicken and broccoli! Really liked the french fried onions on the top. Just a plain and simple comfort food.
The grand kids liked it