Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Even my picky kids like it.
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 -5 lbs fryer chickens, cooked and shredded, and off the bones
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen peas and carrots
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup flour
- 1 (16 ounce) can biscuits, flakey style
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon flour
- In a dutch oven bring 4 cups of broth and can of soup to low boil.
- Put remaining 2 cups of broth in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Pull apart biscuits into 3 layers, set on plate.
- In a small bowl add 1 cup of flour, salt and pepper.
- Take each layer and coat each side really well with the flour mixture.
- Tear each layer in to 3 pieces and gently place each piece in dutch oven.
- Gently push down dumplings with a large ladle, spoon or spatula, cover and simmer on low for 10 minutes. DO NOT STIR.
- Add chicken vegetables and onions to medium saucepan, boil for 10 minutes.
- Gently add chicken veggie mixture to soup mixture and gently press down with the ladle, spoon or spatula. DO NOT STIR.
- Cover and cook and additional 5- 10 minutes.