Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
One of my all time favorite dishes as a kid! Of course mom didn't write this one down so I did. Now it's one of my family's favorites!
- 1 lb cooked chicken, large chop
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 6 cups chicken stock (or 6 c. water with 8 t. boullion)
- 1 (14 ounce) can mixed vegetables (or your favorite fresh, frozen or canned)
- 2 cups jiffy pancake mix (any dry pancake mix)
- 2⁄3 cup water
- Heat oil in large pot, add onion and saute.
- Add butter and flour to make a roue, cook a minute or so.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken and vegatables.
- Mix together pancake mix and water, don't over mix as it should be thick.
- Add dumpling mix in large spoon fulls into chicken stew. Simmer 10 minutes uncovered, then 10 minutes covered. Enjoy!