Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe in a Kraft's What's Cooking magazine. My 2 year old son's favourite vegetable is broccoli, so this will be a hit when I make it.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 3 cups frozen broccoli
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can water
- 1 1⁄2 cups Minute Rice, uncooked
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray large frying pan with cooking spray and add the chicken.
- Cook on medium-high heat, stirring often, for 2- 3 minutes, until browned.
- Add broccoli, soup, and water and bring to a boil.
- stir in rice and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
I have made this before and it is soooo yummy! This recipe is also gluten free if made with gluten free mushroom soup! A delicious one pot meal!
My family did not care for this recipe. I made the mistake of not substituting fresh broccoli for the frozen. I think if I had used the fresh, they would have liked it better. Will definately try that next time.
I made this one last night, and yum! Very good, and so easy. I added two cans of mushrooms and a lot more cheese. Loved it, and will make it again.