Lemon-Lime Daiquiri Layered Dessert
My daughter saw this dessert on the cover of "Kraft's What's cooking?" magazine and asked me to make it for a special lunch. It is great light dessert that you can make ahead. It looks so elegant and the citrus flavour is out of this world! Cook time is freezer time.
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 15mins
- 2 cups lime sherbet, thawed slightly
- 1 (250 g) package cream cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (or make your own with $notetemplate1$)
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 (1 liter) container Cool Whip
- lemon slices (to garnish) or lime slice (to garnish)
- Spread lime sherbet on the bottom of a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- Freeze 10 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese and condensed milk until fluffy.
- Add lemon juice.
- Stir in Cool Whip.
- Spread mixture on top of sherbet layer.
- Freeze 3 hours or overnight.
- To serve invert on serving pan and garnish with lemon or lime slices.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Added this marvelous make ahead to my dessert table at a recent family gathering. Delicious, light and lovely. I used a spring form pan to assure getting it to the serving dish. Found this worked well for me, but will be making it in the loaf pan using the foil next time around ... the loaf pan will make for an extra appealing display, just a touch different! Be it in the spring form or in the loaf pan it will get raves! Thank you Pamela for a recipe that is already in my family favorites dessert cookbook.Reply