Recipe by Chris from Kansas
I like this recipe because I don't have to chop up any vegetables. I can prepare the chicken before I go to work in the morning and throw it all together quickly in the evening.
Top Review by rhonsand
Very good, my husband really liked it. I used the packet that came with the birdseye frozen vegetables instead of the soy sauce, but still added all the other ingredients. Thanks for the recipe!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) package sliced almonds
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen broccoli carrots and water chestnut mix
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup pineapple juice
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a wok on medium-high.
- Add chicken and almonds; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add frozen vegetables, cover and cook 4 minutes, stirring once.
- Combine cornstarch and next 4 ingredients; add to wok.
- Cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Serve over rice.