- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3⁄4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) candiced chili ready tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans (do not drain) or 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans (do not drain)
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- sour cream (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet heat oil on medium heat. Add green peppers, onions and garlic. Cook until tender.
- Add salt, pepper, bayleaf, diced tomatoes and beans. Simmer 20 minutes on low.
- Remove bay leaf, mash about 1/2 of the beans and tomatoes.
- Add rice, stir until combined.
- Sprinkle on cheddar cheese, cover and allow to cook on low until cheese is melted.