1 hr 8 mins
You can be creative and use whatever flavor of potato chips you like, plain, sour cream and onion, salt and vinegar, spicy etc,if using plain flavor I suggest to add some spices, make certain to use a good brand of potato chips --- plan ahead the fish must be refrigerated in the dressing for 1 hour before breading --- I made this using tilapia fillets about 3/4-inch thick and found that 12 minutes was just enough time, cooking times will of coarse vary depending on the size of your fish, I also made this using basa fillets, any meaty fish fillets will work fine for this --- you will love this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (6 ounce) fish fillets
- 1 1/2 cups prepared bottled ranch dressing (such as Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing, low fat is okay to use)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups crushed potato chips (use any flavored desired, sour cream and onion works well with the ranch dressing)
- lemon wedge (optional)
- 1Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- 2Rinse the fillets under cold water then pat dry using paper towels.
- 3Place the ranch dressing in a shallow dish; add in the fish fillets then toss to coat with the dressing (you can use more dressing if desired).
- 4Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 5Set oven to 450 degrees F (oven rack set to lowest position).
- 6In a shallow bowl mix the crushed potato chips with the shredded cheese.
- 7Coat the fillets into the potato chip coating.
- 8Place into prepared baking dish.
- 9Bake uncovered for about 8-12 minutes or until the fish flakes (cooking time will depend on the size of your fillets).
- 10Serve with lemon wedges on the side.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Cheesy Ranch-Potato Chip Fish Fillets
Serving Size: 1 (349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 679.1
- Calories from Fat 475
- Total Fat 52.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 132.6 mg
- Sodium 1081.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 43.5 g