Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You can be creative and use whatever flavor of potato chips you like, plain, sour cream and onion, salt and vinegar, spicy etc,if using plain flavor I suggest to add some spices, make certain to use a good brand of potato chips --- plan ahead the fish must be refrigerated in the dressing for 1 hour before breading --- I made this using tilapia fillets about 3/4-inch thick and found that 12 minutes was just enough time, cooking times will of coarse vary depending on the size of your fish, I also made this using basa fillets, any meaty fish fillets will work fine for this --- you will love this!
- 4 (6 ounce) fish fillets
- 1 1⁄2 cups prepared bottled ranch dressing (such as Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing, low fat is okay to use)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed potato chips (use any flavored desired, sour cream and onion works well with the ranch dressing)
- lemon wedge (optional)
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Rinse the fillets under cold water then pat dry using paper towels.
- Place the ranch dressing in a shallow dish; add in the fish fillets then toss to coat with the dressing (you can use more dressing if desired).
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Set oven to 450 degrees F (oven rack set to lowest position).
- In a shallow bowl mix the crushed potato chips with the shredded cheese.
- Coat the fillets into the potato chip coating.
- Place into prepared baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for about 8-12 minutes or until the fish flakes (cooking time will depend on the size of your fillets).
- Serve with lemon wedges on the side.