Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
One pan! Quick prep! Don't remember where it came from but it really is great!
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 large white onion, cut up
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- milk (enough to fill up can)
- olive oil (enough to brown pork chops in)
- salt and pepper
- Using an electric frying pan, brown pork chops in olive oil.
- Remove from pan.
- Lower heat and add can of cheese soup, then fill can with milk and add.
- Stir with whisk until smooth.
- Add pork chops, potatoes and onion.
- Bring temperature up to simmer.
- Simmer covered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve in a casserole dish.
- (Very rich & delicious!).
I made a few changes because of the comments others made. I seasoned my chops with pepper and season salt. I also only added about a half a can of milk and added about a tablespoon of garlic. I also used two cans of diced potatoes as I didn't feel like cutting potatoes. I also topped this with about a cup of shredded cheddar cheese. The boys and I liked this but hubby didn't. I too think as written the recipe would be a bit bland. I thought it was good with the changes made.
Yum.. so quick and easy.. instead of adding potatos to the pork chops, I made mashed potatoes and spooned the cheese sauce over the potatoes.. definate keeper.