Prep 6 mins
Cook 23 mins
- 14 (5 inch) corn tortillas
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 3 2⁄3 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- sliced olive (garnish) (optional)
- Heat oil in small skillet; fry tortillas in hot oil on for 1-2 seconds on each side to soften; drain tortillas on absorbent paper.
- Fill each tortilla with 3 Tablespoons cheese and 1 teaspoon chopped onion; roll tightly and place enchiladas seam side down in 9x13" baking pan that has been lightly sprayed with no-stick cooking spray.
- Pour sauce evenly over enchiladas and top with remaining onions, cheese, and olives.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
I've decided that 5 star recipes are very yummy, easy to make, and will definitely be made again ... we have a winner!! We used your enchilada sauce recipe as well. Thanks so much for this comforting, taste of Mexican recipe. Oops, just realized I forgot to add the parm in the sauce...ah well, tasted great without. We used jalapeno Jack cheese on the inside, and it was perfect for us.
My husband is learning to cook so we don't have to eat take out when I am ill. He chose this dish and he said the direction were easy for him to follow. The only thing he did different was to use less enchilada sauce. The enchiladas tasted great. Thanks Deb's Recipes. Bullwinkle.
Easy and delicious. I just zapped the tortillas in the microwave and made as directed using Deb's easy cheesy enchilada sauce #136735, and used sliced olives and sour cream for garnish.