Top Review by Chef Pollo
I've decided that 5 star recipes are very yummy, easy to make, and will definitely be made again ... we have a winner!! We used your enchilada sauce recipe as well. Thanks so much for this comforting, taste of Mexican recipe. Oops, just realized I forgot to add the parm in the sauce...ah well, tasted great without. We used jalapeno Jack cheese on the inside, and it was perfect for us.
- 14 (5 inch) corn tortillas
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 3 2⁄3 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- sliced olive (garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in small skillet; fry tortillas in hot oil on for 1-2 seconds on each side to soften; drain tortillas on absorbent paper.
- Fill each tortilla with 3 Tablespoons cheese and 1 teaspoon chopped onion; roll tightly and place enchiladas seam side down in 9x13" baking pan that has been lightly sprayed with no-stick cooking spray.
- Pour sauce evenly over enchiladas and top with remaining onions, cheese, and olives.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.