Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I quite often bake my fish this way. Easy & simple, nothing fancy, but we like the result. I actually do not even measure the ingredients anymore and just throw it together, but these are the original measurements. Sometimes I add a little lemon juice or lemon pepper seasoning and top it all off with a sprinkling of parsley for a little colour.
- Place fish in a greased pan with dabs of butter on top.
- Season with salt& pepper to taste.
- (this is where I sprinkle on lemon juice or lemon pepper if using) Cover with sliced onion.
- Pour on milk.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese and a little parsley if desired.
- Return to oven until cheese melts.
Awesome recipe! I subbed onion slices with lemon slices, and it was superb! I also tried it wit tilapia. Awesome!
MMMMM Boy. My buddy Breezy has been talking about bakin up some cheesefish for days now. Can't wait to have these!
As the title says EASY and it is tasty. I used Cape Capensis fish filets and instead of cheddar a little parmesan sprinkled on before baking. That bit of milk sure makes a difference We enjoyed our dinner very much