Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Can be made ahead and uses canned tomatoes. From "Cooking For Love" submitted by Susan Nycum. This can be made ahead and it freezes well. If frozen, defrost and reheat at 350 until bubbly.
- 1 medium cauliflower, broken into flowerets
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (1 lb) can tomatoes
- 1 chicken bouillon cubes or 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Cook cauliflower flowerets until just tender; drain and mix in 3/4 cup of the grated cheese (reserve a 1/4 of a cup of cheese).
- Brown onions and parsley in butter.
- Add tomatoes, bouillon cube, sugar, salt, pepper, and breadcrumbs to the onion mixture and simmer 5 minutes.
- Place half of the tomato mixture in a large casserole.
- Add cauliflower on top of the tomato mixture.
- Then add the 1/4 cup of cheese over the cauliflower layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 15 minutes or until bubbly.
This was good. The only things I did differently was to eliminate the added salt and sugar because I used Italian stewed tomatoes. I also mixed some grated Parmesan cheese with the bread crumbs. My family enjoyed this dish.