Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Why go to your local taco stop when you can make your own authentic carnitas at home. Very simple, just throw ingredients in pan and put in oven. Taste delicious with warm corn tortillas, chopped onions and chopped cilantro.
- 680.38-907.18 g boneless pork (butt, roast or pork for carnitas (cut into 1 1/2-2 in cubed chunks )
- 59.14 ml orange peel
- 118.29 ml sliced white onion
- 29.58-44.37 ml cumin powder
- Preheat oven to 375. In a bowl, mix pork, orange zest/peel, cumin (to your taste), and salt to taste. Place seasoned pork in large rectangular baking pan and top with onions.
- Bake covered with aluminium paper for about 1 hr 45 minutes. During the cooking time, about every 30 mins or so, check on the pork and turn to prevent the pork from burning. To creat a crispy texture to pork, bake in oven 15 min more UNCOVERED and turn once so that all sides get crispy texture.
- Shred and serve with warm tortillas.
What a great, easy recipe! The orange peel gave it such amazing flavor. I'm making this for dinner again tonight and can't wait til it's ready! Thanks for a yummy dish!