Recipe by Nick K
My personal favorite bread machine dough for my calzone. A great set it and forget it recipe. Enjoy! Also, if you don't plan on cooking right away, the dough will stay for up to six days in the chill chest. Simply take the unused dough (after rising) and story in a ziplock bag, sprayed in the inside with some cooking spray.
- 1 3⁄4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup warm water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon bread machine yeast
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all the above ingredients in the order appropriate to your bread machine.
- Set to "Dough" cycle.
- When cycle is complete, place in a bowl 1/2 the size of the dough and cover with plastic wrap.
- Pop into the chill chest for 16-24 hours to let it rise.
- After the dough has risen, remove for the refrigerator and divide in half.
- Roll out the fill with your favorite stuffings.
- Cook at 500 degrees on a stone (works best) or a 9 x 13-inch pan for 7 minutes or until golden brown.