Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I came up with this one because it's fast---no chopping cabbage. And it's colorful because of the carrots in the cole slaw mix. Cook time is for noodle boiling.
- 2 (12 ounce) bagspre-shredded coleslaw mix
- 16 ounces extra-wide egg noodles
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions; drain.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and saute cole slaw mix, onion and garlic until tender. Mix in salt and pepper. Gently stir in cooked and drained noodles. Toss together.
This is the way to do it. Nice and easy. I would never of thought to buy the slaw mix. Great idea!!!!
Very tasty. Used about 1/4 cup butter, to cut down on the fat. Also used "Seasoned Salt or Seasoned Pepper" instead of salt and pepper.
I made this almost exactly as the recipe called for. I made one change and added 8oz of peas. I have been looking for a good cabbage recipe and this is the one. It was super cheap and easy to make. My boyfriend wasn't as much of a fan as I was. He said it was plain but I really enjoyed it.