Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This recipe starts in the slow cooker, and it's great because the meat for the burritos will hold for quite a while, keeping warm in the slow cooker.
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 1 (3 -4 lb) top sirloin roast
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) envelopes taco seasoning mix, divided
- 16 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- diced tomato
- diced onion
- sliced jalapeno pepper
- sour cream
- black beans
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 4 cups monterey jack cheese
- pico de gallo
Pico de Gallo
- 3 cups diced plum tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup diced red onion
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 -6 tablespoons diced jalapeno peppers
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Place onion in a 5 quart slow cooker; add roast and 1/2 cup water.Sprinkle 1 package taco seasoning over top of roast.
- COver and cook on HIGH 5 hours. Remove roast, and shred with 2 forks, return to slow cooker and stir in remaining taco seasoning. Cover and cook on HIGH 30 more minutes or until boiling.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions. Using a slotted spoon, spoon beef mixture evenly down center of each tortilla, top with desired toppings and cheese, roll up. Serve with Pico de Gallo.
- Pico de Gallo:.
- Stir together all ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and chill until ready to serve. 3 cups.
Delicious! I can only rate the meat portion, as I didn't have time to make the Pico De Gallo-- but I want to try it next time. This made great burritos- we topped ours with tomatoes, sour cream, lettuce and cheese. I'll definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing!