Recipe by little_wing
Nice summer side dish
Top Review by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
These were so yummy! I cannot wait to try this simple recipe on some tomatoes from the garden! Oh my - those will be magnificent! This recipe really made the store bought tomatoes taste great! I used some fresh parsley and fresh rosemary and it was delish! I did get the cheese a little darker than I would have liked. That was totally my fault! Why does the phone always ring off the hook when you are cooking? lol Words of wisdom here- please watch this carefully when you pop it back in to melt the cheese! It goes so fast! Thanks for a great recipe littlewing! Made for Bev Tag!
- 3 large plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise (about 12 ounces)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, such as thyme, rosemary, oregano or 3 tablespoons marjoram
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Season tomatoes with the salt and place seed-side down on a rack or paper towel to drain for about 30 minutes. Blot dry with a paper towel.
- Position an oven rack in the upper part of the oven and preheat the broiler.
- Line a broiler pan with foil.
- Place the tomato halves on the prepared pan, seed-side up, season with pepper to taste, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle herbs over the top.
- Broil until hot and the tops begin to brown, about 8 minutes.
- Top with cheese and broil until cheese is melted, about 1 minute.