Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Nice summer side dish
Make and share this Easy Broiled Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 3 large plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise (about 12 ounces)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, such as thyme, rosemary, oregano or 3 tablespoons marjoram
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Season tomatoes with the salt and place seed-side down on a rack or paper towel to drain for about 30 minutes. Blot dry with a paper towel.
- Position an oven rack in the upper part of the oven and preheat the broiler.
- Line a broiler pan with foil.
- Place the tomato halves on the prepared pan, seed-side up, season with pepper to taste, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle herbs over the top.
- Broil until hot and the tops begin to brown, about 8 minutes.
- Top with cheese and broil until cheese is melted, about 1 minute.
These were so yummy! I cannot wait to try this simple recipe on some tomatoes from the garden! Oh my - those will be magnificent! This recipe really made the store bought tomatoes taste great! I used some fresh parsley and fresh rosemary and it was delish! I did get the cheese a little darker than I would have liked. That was totally my fault! Why does the phone always ring off the hook when you are cooking? lol Words of wisdom here- please watch this carefully when you pop it back in to melt the cheese! It goes so fast! Thanks for a great recipe littlewing! Made for Bev Tag!
Heaven on a plate! I went out and harvested 8 ripe tomatoes from my garden today and had to find a new recipe for them. This is fantastic!! I will be enjoying these all summer long, a brand new favorite in my book. Thank you for posting. ZWT3
*Reviewed for Zaar World Tour 3* We used Roma tomatoes with parsley and rosemary from our garden. A great side dish. Even the children liked these tomatoes. Simple to prepare and grill. Thaks for a great recipe. Photo to come