Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is the easy, traditional Southern broccoli bread recipe. Always a big hit at potlucks -- it turns out very light and fluffy.
- 1 (10 ounce) packagechopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 3⁄4 cup cottage cheese
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
- Combine all ingredients in the order listed.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 to 30minutes.
This is fabulous! I used Yellow Corn Muffins - Gluten Free (Like Jiffy Cornbread Mix) to make it gluten free, and it worked so well! My first broccoli bread, and I'll make it again soon! Thanks for sharing.
Made for Healthy Choices ABC
This was the best version of broccoli cornbread I've tried. I reduced the recipe, but used the full amount of cottage cheese. I have since made it again and used frozen spinach (thawed & squeezed dry). Thank you for sharing this recipe! =)
This is a wonderful cornbread. I used "Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix Copycat" as we are not able to buy Jiffy here. I used fresh broccoli...cooked and chopped for the frozen. It went beautifully with "Fish and Corn Chowder" that I served for dinner. Thank you for sharing this keeper recipe. Made for Spring PAC 2010.