Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Wanted something beyond just fruited gelatin. Combined several recipes and came up with this. Hope you enjoy it.
- 1 chocolate graham wafer pie crust
- 2 (3 ounce) packages black cherry gelatin
- 16 ounces frozen tart cherries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- Cool Whip
- chocolate shavings
- Mix sugar and cornstarch in medium pan.
- Gradually stir in water until smooth.
- Stirring constantly, cook on medium heat until mixture comes to a boil; boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in gelatin until completely dissolved.
- Cool to room temperature, but be careful it does not begin to set.
- Add cherries to cooled mixture.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Spread Cool Whip over top.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings.
- Chill 3 hours before serving.
- Be adventurous!
- Use regular pre-baked pie shell and fill with sliced kiwi fruit, use lime gelatin!
- How about fresh peaches and peach gelatin!
- Mango and orange gelatin!
- Strawberries, pears, apricots!
- Use your imagination!