Recipe by cajunhippiegirl
Quick & Easy Dessert. Not quite like the real thing, but close & a lot less work. Easy to change fillings and add fruit. Just something easy to throw together for dessert when you are pressed for time.
Top Review by personalchef
Made for Spring 2010 PAC This was a really good dessert. I love Boston Cream "Pie", and it is hard to get around here. This was an excellent substitute. I didn't think it would be and I was very pleasently surprised. However, it isn't cheap to make, the small Sarah Lee frozen Pound Cake was $4.50. Nontheless, it uses ingredients that you could keep on hand and have Boston Cream Pie/Cake anytime you want. That is priceless to me.
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix, small box
- 1 sara lee poundcake
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 4 teaspoons hot water, can use 5 if necessary
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a Sara Lee ( or any other Brand) Frozen Loaf Pound Cake Thawed.
- Whisk together Pudding Mix and Half & Half.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Split Cake into 3 horizontal layers.
- Place Bottom Layer on Bottom of Serving Plate.
- Top with Half of the Pudding.
- Repeat Layers.
- Top with third cake layer.
- Combine Confectioner's Sugar, Cocoa and enough water to reach a spreading consistency.
- Spread over top of Cake and let glaze drizzle down the side.
- Cook Time is time to set up & Chill.