Recipe by Pamma Lamma
In 2001 I moved from Ontario to Newfoundland with my Newfie husband. As most people know, Newfoundland has an abundance of delicious blueberries. I needed a few recipes to use up all the berries we pick. I asked around and this was one of the recipes I received from a co-worker. This recipe is very good because the filling stays thick and luscious. Enjoy!
Top Review by Jackie H.
This was soooo easy. I had limited time on my hands and this fit the bill! It was pretty humid the day I made this so more corn starch was needed. I also added 1/2 tsp of almond extract. My family had this scarfed down in minutes with great compliments. Thanks for the great pie! will be making again soon.
- 1 cooked pie shell
- 4 cups blueberries, washed
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, mix 1 cup of the blueberries with sugar, cornstarch, salt and water.
- Cook over low until thickened.
- Add the remaining 3 cups of blueberries and margarine.
- Stir until combined.
- Pour into pie shell and cool until no longer hot.
- Serve and enjoy!
- *Preparation and cooking times are estimated.