Fresh Blueberry Pie
Capture the fresh taste of blueberries in a pie. This pie will disappear fast--you won't have to worry about what to do with the leftovers
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 pie crust
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 4 cups fresh blueberries, rinsed and dried
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (or more depending on sweetness of berries)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- preheat oven to 425 degrees f. for at-least 20 minutes.
- Line crust with parchment, fill with dried beans or rice.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, remove parchment/beans, prick bottom with fork, return to oven and bake until golden brown.
- Remove from oven let cool on rack for 2 minutes.
- Brush entire crust with egg white.
- Measure out 1 cup of the softest blueberries and place them in a medium saucepan with 1/2 cup water, cover and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl whisk cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water until well blended, set aside.
- when water and blueberries come to a boil, lower the heat to simmer and stir constantly for 3-4 minutes until the berries start to burst and the juices start to thicken.
- While still stirring slowly add the cornstarch, sugar, lemon juice and salt.
- Simmer for a minute or so until the mixture becomes translucent.
- Remove from heat, gently stir in remaining blueberries.
- Spoon into prepared pie crust.
- Let sit at room temperature for at least 2 hours before serving with whipped cream.
- Store at room temperature for 2 days.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation