Recipe by Newiegirl
I got this recipe out of a cookbook I just bought for a friend and am putting it on here for safe keeping so I can make it too.
- 375 g self raising flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 30 g butter
- 170 ml water
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 200 g raspberries
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 4 teaspoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour, mixed spice and baking powder together into a bowl.
- Add sugar and then rub in the butter, using fingers, until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the centre and mix in the water and milk until it forms a soft dough.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead lightly, until smooth.
- Divide dough into 2 equal portions and flatten each into a 18cm round.
- Sprinkle raspberries and sugar over one of the rounds leaving a 1 inch gap around the edge.
- Brush the edge with a little milk and place remaining round on top. Seal edges using fingers.
- Place loaf onto a greased oven tray and brush top with a little milk.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 220 degrees C, then reduce temperature to 180 degrees C and bake for 20 to 25 minutes longer or until cooked.