Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I have made this with pork loin and beef. Both came out great.
- 2 lbs beef round steak or 2 lbs sirloin steaks or 2 lbs boneless pork loin
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mushrooms, drained
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 4 -6 unpeeled red potatoes, quartered
- 8 ounces baby carrots
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- Layer meat and mushrooms in a large casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with dry onion soup mix. In a large bowl, mix together the poatoes, carrots and soup, and spread add to dish. Cover tightly and bake at 300˚ for 3 hours.
- You might think that the two soups would make this dish salty, but they don't.
- If you want a more deluted consistancy add 1/4 - 1/2 cup water or white wine.