Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I threw this together last night and the husband was thrilled. The stew came out very beefy and the leeks added a nice touch. This is a great 1-pot meal as I cooked the macaroni directly in the same pot using the stew juices. After a quick prep step I just left the pot on low heat and left to go to a park.
- 12 ounces beef, cubed for stew 1-2-inch pieces
- 16 ounces beef broth (1 can)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, chopped
- salt & pepper
- 1 leek
- 1 cup macaroni
- Heat olive oil.
- Saute onions and carrots until onions are soft.
- Add beef, salt, pepper, and brown.
- Turn heat to low and tightly cover with lid, let simmet for about 30 minutes. This will bring all of beef juices out.
- Add a can of broth, cover, and let cook for 1-3 hours (the longer it cooks the more flavor it will have, but 1 hour is plenty).
- Chop leek into large pieces, add to the stew.
- Add macaroni (any small-sized pasta will do).
- If there is not enough liquid you can always add a little bit of water
- Once the macaroni is done it is ready to serve.