Recipe by Tisme
This recipe came from Campbell's soup and even though its not the real thing its a great and easy recipe for a cold winters night. I serve with mashed potatoes and vegetables, but would be just as great served on its own.
Top Review by LauraB1977
Loved it! My husband said it was the best meat pie he'd had! We don't normally have home made pies in a Tuesday (which may explain my husbands excitement) but this made it so easy, even after getting the kids to bed. So tasty!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup Guinness stout or 1⁄2 cup beer
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 500 ml beef stock
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 200ºC. Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Add mince, onion & carrotand cook for 5 mins or until meat has browned.
- Add peas, Worcestershire sauce & flour and cook for for 1 min, stirring.
- Add Guinness and stock, bring to the boil, stirring, and cook for 5 minutes until just thickened.
- Season to taste with pepper.
- Divide mince between four 2-cup capacity ovenproof dishes.
- Cut pastry into circle to overlap ramekins & place on top of each pie.
- Bake for 20 mins or until golden.
- Serve with mashed potatoes & vegetables.