Recipe by Heather in Barrie
This is a simple recipe that has become my standard chicken for Chicken Caesar Salad. It is from "The Lighthearted Cookbook" by Anne Lindsay.
Top Review by Lvs2Cook
This recipe is easy and tastes delicious. I used for our main dish and served with rice and a salad. I made as posted and will make it again. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Fall 2009.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lemon, juice of (or 2 tblsps lemon juice)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine lemon juice, oil, garlic, oregano and cayenne; mix wll. Pour over chicken and turn to coat both sides. Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes or cover and refrigerate up to 6 hours.
- On greased grill, cook chicken over hot coals for 4 to 5 minutes on each or until meat is no longer pink inside.