Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy Barbecue Sauce is quick to make. When grilling or baking brush it on beef, chicken or pork for an extra touch of flavor.
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Cool completely.
- TO STORE: Refrigerate in a tightly covered container up to 1 month.
- TO SERVE: Stir well. Brush on beef, chicken or pork during grilling, or baking.