1/3 Photos of Easy Banoffee Pie
6 hrs 30 mins
3 hrs 30 mins
Cookie Ads's Note:
This heavenly version of banoffee pie is ridiculously easy to make. Although the preparation time is very long, most of that time involves the condensed milk caramelising in the pan without your supervision. Hope you enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the UNopened can of condensed milk (don't open the can!) in a saucepan and cover with water.
- 2Bring the water to the boil then reduce slightly and let the can boil covered for 2 1/2 or 3 hours (if you're patient enough to wait for 3 hours it is better).
- 3IMPORTANT- Don't ever let the saucepan boil dry.
- 4Keep checking up on it and adding water if necessary.
- 5Remove the can and wait a few minutes before opening it very carefully in the sink.
- 6The condensed milk will look like creamy brown caramel.
- 7Stir the caramel in the can with a fork to remove any lumps, then pour into your pie crust and let it cool, then refrigerate till cold.
- 8Slice bananas thinly and lay them on top of the toffee filling.
- 9Whip the cream and spread it over the bananas.
- 10I usually just cover the bananas, but if you like more cream, spread it as thickly as you want.
- 11Dust the cocoa or powdered drinking chocolate on top for effect, using a sieve.
- 12Serve in thin slices with coffee.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Banoffee Pie
Serving Size: 1 (1360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3817.6
- Calories from Fat 1715
- Total Fat 190.6 g
- Saturated Fat 97.3 g
- Cholesterol 506.1 mg
- Sodium 1928.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 493.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.3 g
- Sugars 390.4 g
- Protein 58.0 g