The complete dip can be prepared and refrigerated until ready to bake. The jalapeno is only optional, I like to add it into the cream cheese. The success of this dip will depend on the quality of chili you use so make certain to use a good-quality canned chili or use homemade, for extra heat use extra spricy chili.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili, with ground beef (spicy or mild or use homemade)
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, drained (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (can use more)
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees (set oven rack to bottom position).
- 2Grease a 9-inch pie plate.
- 3Mix both packages cream cheese with jalapeno pepper (if using) then spread on the bottom of the pie plate.
- 4Spread the chili over the cream cheese, then sprinkle green onions, then green chilies.
- 5Bake for about 20 minutes or until hot (if you are baking this cold out of the fridge the baking time will be longer).
- 6Sprinkle the grated cheese on top then return to oven for about 5 minutes to melt cheese.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Baked Layered Chili Cheese Dip
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.8
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.4 g
- Saturated Fat 19.0 g
- Cholesterol 98.9 mg
- Sodium 705.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 15.6 g