Recipe by AmyZoe
I wanted to make corn dogs, but I didn't have any skewers. This was really easy and really good, and I didn't have to make a deep-fried mess. Recipe courtesy of A Night Owl Blog. Serving size is estimated.
- 2 -3 hot dogs (cut into bites)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar, salt, and pepper in large bowl.
- Add milk, eggs, and oil, mixing thoroughly.
- Dust hot dog bites with flour, then cover with batter and place on a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake at 357 for 20 to 25 minutes or until tops of bites are golden.
- Serve with ketchup or mustard dipping sauces.