With no peeling to be done, plum pie is one of the easiest and fastest pies to make, and sooooo good especially with whipped cream or ice cream on top. Prep time doesn't include making the crust. Use your favorite homemade double crust pie shell, or the dreaded store bought - either way it's as easy as Pie!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place one pie crust into a 9"pie dish.
- Wash plums, do not peel.
- Cut plums in half remove pit, then into quarters.
- Arrange plums in the pie crust.
- Mix together the dry ingredients, then sprinkle over the plums.
- Dot with the butter.
- Place top crust over plums, trim crust edges with enough to turn under, then crimp crust edge.
- Cut about 6 1" slits into the top of the pie.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 12 minutes, reduce heat to 325 degrees, bake 25 minutes longer or until plums are tender.
- Cool, serve warm or cold.
I really really love this recipe!! And I don't even like plums. I tried this just cause I was looking for a different pie recipe. I'm so glad I did. I did cut the sugar to 1/4 cup, but I like tart ;-) This, I will make often. Thank you!
This was so super easy and not overly sugary as many recipes call for. My husband and I finished off half the pie. My 7yo said it tasted like apple pie. Had to bring the leftovers to my parents or else we'd finish off the pie before the night was over. They loved it too and gave me MORE plums to make them another pie. LOL
Delicous pie- was super juicy- might be good to add another tablespoon of flour?