Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is very loosely based on a recipe I found in a community cookbook, but I cut it back and used the ingredients I had on hand. (The original recipe made 30 servings).
- Unroll crescent rolls and separate at perforations.
- For each portion, fold and flatten the pastry with your fingers to form a 3 1/2 to 4 inch square.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon raisins in the center of the square. Cover with an apple quarter, cut side down.
- Bring edges of pastry up and seal seams together with your fingers.
- Place seam side down in a 7x11 inch (or 8 or 9 inch square) baking dish.
- Place water and butter in microwave in a 2-cup glass measuring cup. Microwave at maximum power for 1-2 minutes until butter melts and water is hot. (Microwaves vary; use your judgment about yours).
- Stir in sugar and vanilla and pour over and around dumplings in dish.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over top.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree (Fahrenheit) oven for 30-40 minutes until golden brown and apples are tender.
- Serve hot, with ice cream or whipped cream or milk, if desired.