Recipe by karen
Another version of apple crisp, and one of the first recipes I learned to make when I got out on my own.
Top Review by Baby Kato
This was a lovely apple crisp Karen. It was perfect, just the way my dh loves them. Basic and simple allowing all the ingredients to shine. I used Red Prince apples in this lovely treat. Made for Went to Market 2017.
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal (quick or old fashioned)
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 8 medium apples, peeled & sliced (about 6 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine brown sugar, oats, flour and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Arrange 1/2 of the apple slices in a buttered 8 inch square baking dish.
- Sprinkle apples with half of the sugar mixture.
- Top with remaining apples, followed by the remaining sugar mixture.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Serve warm.