Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This flaky crusted Danish can be made in advance for brunch.
- 490.44 g packagefrozen puff pastry sheets, thawed (2 sheets)
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 595.33 g canlucky leaf apple pie filling
- 14.79 ml cinnamon sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F Cut one-third of pastry off one sheet along a fold and set aside. Roll remaining two-thirds of pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface to fit the bottom of a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Lay the pastry in the bottom of the pan and bake for 10 minutes (pastry will puff and shrink from sides). Remove from oven and let cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes
- 2. Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined. Carefully spread cream cheese mixture over baked pastry in pan. Carefully spoon LUCKY LEAF Apple Pie Filling evenly over cream cheese layer.
- 3. Cut one-third of pastry off of remaining full pastry sheet. Place next to reserved one-third sheet of pastry and pinch together the long edges. (Wrap remaining pastry and chill for another use.) Roll them together on the lightly floured surface until pastry is large enough to lay atop and cover the apples. Sprinkle top with cinnamon-sugar.
- 4. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack before serving. Cover and refrigerate within 2 hours.