Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a yummy Mexican bake that is much easier than preparing individual tacos or burritos for the whole family. Delicious served for dinner or as an appetizer...great for potlucks :)
- 6 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup biscuit mix (Bisquick or similar)
- lettuce, chopped (optional)
- tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- onion, chopped (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Grease 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Line pan with tortillas, making sure tortillas go up the sides of the pan to the edge.
- Fry beef and onion over medium heat, stirring frequently to break up meat, until beef is browned.
- Drain and stir in seasoning mix and tomato sauce.
- Simmer for a minute or so and then spoon over tortillas.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Beat milk, eggs and biscuit mix on high speed for about 1 minute or until smooth.
- Pour over mixture in pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes and then serve and slice.
- Top with veggies and sour cream, if desired.
Great recipe! It was easy and tasty! I used Fat free cheese, FF sour cream and very lean ground beef. I also sprayed the pan with PAM to "grease" it and it worked well. Yummy!
Fast and good everyday food. I used diced tomatoes with jalepenos in place of tomato sauce and served with salsa, scallions and sour cream. Next time I'll use my own seasoning mix to eliminate some of the salt. Thanks!
My whole family really enjoyed this recipe! I also used cooking spray on the pan. I'm pretty sure it would have stuck without it. After it came out of the oven, I sprinkled diced tomato and sliced green onions overall and served with sour cream and hot sauce on the side. Very tasty! Thanks for posting!