Recipe by Bec
This is the meatloaf recipe my family has used my whole life. I love it! Of course, we have to double to whole recipe, using 2 to 3 pounds ground beef, the whole package of onion soup mix, and a 12 fluid ounce can of Carnation evaporated milk. This is good with baked potatoes and some Bush's baked beans. (or any other vegetables: corn, peas...) I hope you like it!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons dry onion soup mix
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk (2/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In 8 by 4 inch loaf pan, combine first 3 ingredients; mix well (mixture will be very moist) Press evenly in pan.
- Combine brown sugar, mustard, and ketchup in a small bowl. (We seem to double -- or triple the topping- It is so good!) Spoon over mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Using spatulas, lift meat loaf from pan to a serving plate. (Because it will be in lots of liquid, mostly water if using lean ground beef).