Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is the meatloaf recipe my family has used my whole life. I love it! Of course, we have to double to whole recipe, using 2 to 3 pounds ground beef, the whole package of onion soup mix, and a 12 fluid ounce can of Carnation evaporated milk. This is good with baked potatoes and some Bush's baked beans. (or any other vegetables: corn, peas...) I hope you like it!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons dry onion soup mix
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk (2/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In 8 by 4 inch loaf pan, combine first 3 ingredients; mix well (mixture will be very moist) Press evenly in pan.
- Combine brown sugar, mustard, and ketchup in a small bowl. (We seem to double -- or triple the topping- It is so good!) Spoon over mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Using spatulas, lift meat loaf from pan to a serving plate. (Because it will be in lots of liquid, mostly water if using lean ground beef).
Simple to make and oh so good. The sauce is really different and quite tasty. Easy to see why it would be a family favorite.
So easy and great that my husband will even make it!