Recipe by Chef1MOM-Connie
Fast and easy. I gave this to my DD to make as her first "have Popou (Grandpa) over for dinner". Delicious comfort food that lends to conversation before, during, and after dinner. Serve with crusty bread and a nice bottle of wine (or soda) edited to add- you may use any store bought you like or your own homemade for the "ragu" sauce.
Top Review by Chef floWer
The recipe name said it all "easy and fast" but forgot to say how yummy this chicken is. This is a perfect work day (I work on weekends) or weekday recipe, something yummy to feed the family without taking so long. I followed the recipe as written except didn't know what to do with the basil so I added it under the sliced tomato's. Thank so much for a yummy recipe Chef1MOM~Connie
- 1 (26 ounce) jarchunky Ragu tomato sauce (or your preference- I uae my own made and frozen but any kind you like is good)
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped (1/8 ths)
- 4 ounces shredded fiesta cheese
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 smashed garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon Pam cooking spray
- 6 ounces noodles or 6 ounces spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- drizzle olive oil or spray casserole dish with Pam.
- chop onions and layer pan.
- sprinkle smashed garlic.
- layer chicken breasts.
- top with tomatoes.
- pour 1/2 jar sauce to cover chicken.
- bake in oven 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 5 minutes before chicken is finished sprinkle the cheese on top so that it can melt into the chicken parm.
- in the meantime boil water.
- cook noodles to preference.
- simmer remaining sauce.
- serve noodles with sauce and chicken on side.
- a crusty italian bread warmed or made into garlic bread is wonderful with this dinner. All can be completed in a 30 minute period. Looks like you cooked forever, you get to enjoy the company and the compliments.