Fast, Easy Chicken in Salsa with Zucchini
photo by Novice Cooking Boy
- Ready In:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 small zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup quartered mushroom
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup mild salsa or 1 cup prepared salsa
- Cut the chicken breast pieces into 2 or 3 fingers.
- Trim the ends from the zucchini, and cut them in quarters lengthwise.
- Clean and quarter the mushrooms.
- Saute the chicken in the oil until lightly browned on both sides, then add the zucchini and saute it until lightly browned on all sides.
- Add the mushrooms, cook a minute or two more until they are softened.
- Add the salsa and heat through.
- As you are cooking the vegetables, keep turning the chicken in the pan to ensure it too is cooked through.
- Serve over cous-cous for the fastest dinner, or with noodles or rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Thanks Jenny for posting this easy, delicious recipe. Time was short and I cooked this in no time. It was very tasty, and they chicken was moist as I kept turning it like you suggested. I made my own salsa which was good. I didn't serve it on anything as I served a Mexican slaw instead. Thanks for sharing this good recipe.
I had fresh squash so I used that instead of zucchini. I omitted the mushrooms and instead added an entire bag of thawed broccoli, carrots and cauliflower. I served it all over couscous that I cooked in homemade chicken broth. And I added some pepper jack cheese on top! Pretty good weeknight meal and easy clean up. I will make it again! Thanks
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to garden, both perennials and vegetables. I am always looking for recipes to fiddle with, especially good simple vegetable dishes. I try to use organic ingredients as much as possible.