1/2 Photos of Easy and Delicious Pot Stickers
I was watching "Everyday Food" on PBS one day and they were making these pot stickers. They looked so easy and delicious that I had to try making them myself. They turned out just as great as they looked on tv and have become one of my favorite meals. I serve them with Soy Ginger Dipping Sauce (For Dumplings or Pot Stickers).
My Private Note
pot sti ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup napa cabbage or 1/2 cup savoy cabbage, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt or 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 6 ounces ground pork, not all lean
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 24 rectangular or square wonton wrappers (3 1/2-by-3-inch)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1In a medium bowl, toss cabbage with 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt; let stand 10 minutes.
- 2Wrap cabbage in a double layer of paper towels; firmly squeeze out excess liquid.
- 3Return cabbage to bowl and add pork, 3 finely chopped scallions, ginger, soy sauce, and sesame oil.
- 4Mix well with a fork or use your hands.
- 5Work with one wrapper at a time, and keep the rest covered with a damp towel.
- 6Spoon one level teaspoon of filling in center (if you try to use more, the wrappers won't seal right or may tear).
- 7With dampened fingers, wet the four edges.
- 8Fold wrapper in half over filling to make a triangle, making sure the ends meet and filling is centered; press edges down firmly to seal (sometimes I bring all four corners together to make a little pouch instead of a triangle, not as pretty, but faster!).
- 9Transfer to an oiled plate; cover with a damp towel to keep moist.
- 10Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling (Refrigerate leftover filling up to 2 days).
- 11In a 12-inch nonstick skillet with a tight-fitting lid, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat.
- 12Add half the wontons and cook, turning once, until lightly browned, about 1 minute per side.
- 13Carefully add 1/2 cup water (oil may sputter), cover, and steam until translucent and just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 14Repeat with remaining tablespoon oil and wontons.
- 15Serve with soy sauce or your favorite dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy and Delicious Pot Stickers
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.9
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 34.9 mg
- Sodium 675.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 12.4 g