Stuffed Chicken Cutlets (Oamc)
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, rinsed and patted dry
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 16 chicken cutlets
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups tomato sauce (optional)
- Combine feta, peppers, scallions, oregano, and basil in a medium bowl.
- Place cutlets on a flat surface, smooth side down. Spoon about 2 tbsp of feta mixture into the center of each cutler and the fold short sides in and then long sides creating a packet. Arrange packets, seam side down on a wax paper lined baking sheet making sure they do not touch each other. Freeze until firm-about an hour. Place into a ziploc bag, label and date. These can be frozen up to 8 weeks.
- To serve: preheat oven to 400°F
- Lightly grease two baking sheets and place frozen cutlets, seam side down. lightly season with salt and pepper and bake for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. If desired, top with warmed tomato sauce.
Join The Conversation