Recipe by chuydawg
This spicy salsa is good with chips, eggs and or beans. If you don't have chipotles, you can roast a couple jalapenos instead. I learned this recipe from folks in the Sierra Madre Orientales of Puebla, Mexico.
Top Review by Meggy Boo
Delicious!!!! I put in about 6 chipotle chilies and woo wee is it spicy!!!! (but that's how we like it!) Thanks for an awesome recipe!!!! I also added 1/2 a red onion chopped, and 5 garlic cloves minced, and used the plastic lime for juice since I didn't have any fresh limes.
- 2 -3 chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 -2 large tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro
- fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 small onions (optional) or 1 garlic clove (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast the tomato on a cast iron skillet until it blisters.
- Add this, juice from half a lime, and all the other ingredients into a blender.
- Depending on how spicy you like it you can add or reduce the numbers of tomato or chipotles. 2-3 chipotles will make a very spicy sauce- relatively speaking.