Recipe by lets.eat
In my never ending quest to find the clone for Campbells Vegetarian-Alphabet soup, I can honestly say....this is not it! To make this vegetarian-use vegetable bouillon instead of beef/chicken. The serving size is just a guess, makes alot! If desired add cooked ground beef.
- 46 ounces vegetable juice
- 46 ounces tomato juice
- 2 lbs frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 lb frozen cut green beans
- 8 ounces frozen lima beans
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cansdiced potatoes, undrained
- 1 beef bouillon cubes or 1 chicken bouillon cubes or 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 8 ounces alphabet pasta, cooked, rinsed in cold water, and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large stockpot (8 quart) place all ingredients(except pasta).
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hours Taste occasionally adding additional seasonings if desired.
- When ready to serve remove from heat and add cooked pasta stirring well.
- For Vegetarian use only the vegetable bouillon cubes.