Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a wonderful easy dessert and if you chill it overnight it's similar to a very creamy cheese cake but much easier and much quicker to make, you can whip this up in about 5 minutes, the ingredients may be easily be doubled and baked in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan, see note on bottom --- serve this warm or cold, it will "ripen" in flavor have a cheesecake texture after it is chilled for 24 hours
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling (or blueberry pie filling)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (oven rack set to lowest bottom position).
- Grease an 8 x 8-inch square baking dish.
- In the baking dish melt the butter inside the oven.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle the cracker crumbs in the melted butter, stir well; press on the bottom of the baking dish to form a crust.
- Bake the graham crust in a 350 degree oven for 7 minutes; remove and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sweetened condensed milk, sour cream and lemon juice.
- Spread evenly over the crumb/crust.
- Spoon the pie filling evenly over the cream layer (don't worry if it sinks a bit, it will all bake together).
- Bake on lowest oven rack for 25-30 minutes, or until set (don't over bake).
- Serve warm or chill overnight (this will firm up and develop in flavor if left in the refrigerator overnight).
- ** This dessert is very good so you might want to consider doubling it -- this can be easily doubled and baked in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan, double the canned pie filling too and bake it for just a couple minutes longer.
I made this today with several changes to make suitable for our weight watchers diet. First of all, I omitted the crust, then used part greek yogurt and part light sour cream as well as fat-free sweetened condensed milk. I also added an egg as suggested by another user. I baked it plain like this and then topped with a homemade strawberry topping when serving. It was delicious and I'm sure will be even better tomorrow. Pretty amazing that it set up with no cream cheese. Thanks for posting!
Fantastic, so smooth, tasty & perfect texture. So easy & fast to assemble. I used canned apple pie filling & it was awesome. Thanks!
I made this for work potluck and it was a hit! Everyone raved about the "cheesecake". It will be my secret, especially since it is soooo easy!!!! Thanks for the wonderful recipe!