1 hr 35 mins
Another variation of the Italian Easter pie, which is a regional Italian dessert, traditionally served on Easter. This one yields a more dense pie which is not too sweet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Stir eggs, ricotta, orange juice and sugar together until well combined.
- 3Stir in rice, orange zest and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- 4Line 2 pie plates with prepared pie crust.
- 5Pour filling into both pie shells, filling evenly.
- 6Bake on the middle rack about 1 hour until center is set.
- 7(I cover the edges of the crust with foil half way through so that they don't burn).
- 8Allow to cool completely before serving (best if allowed to rest overnight).
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easter Rice Pie II
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 547.1
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 161.2 mg
- Sodium 295.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 39.6 g
- Protein 13.4 g