Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another variation of the Italian Easter pie, which is a regional Italian dessert, traditionally served on Easter. This one yields a more dense pie which is not too sweet.
- 5 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (divided)
- 2 prepared pie crusts
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir eggs, ricotta, orange juice and sugar together until well combined.
- Stir in rice, orange zest and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Line 2 pie plates with prepared pie crust.
- Pour filling into both pie shells, filling evenly.
- Bake on the middle rack about 1 hour until center is set.
- (I cover the edges of the crust with foil half way through so that they don't burn).
- Allow to cool completely before serving (best if allowed to rest overnight).